Tarun Chakraborty , an artist from Calcutta graduated and later post graduated in Arts . He completed his M.A. in Economics . Later he realised his inbuilt capability of putting colourful imaginative thoughts on paper . He graduated in fine arts from Indian College of Arts , Calcutta in 1982 . Since then he has not seen back in his life . His paintings are liked by all the types of people as they have so many colours in it .
Tarun presents us moments of confrontation , that of a self reviewing and itself from all four quarters , or else such self is seen to be observing the ways of the urban soul as though in a solitaire with it's own being . His are inscapes , though of the freely imaging child's fiction , concocting fascinating , charming fictions as cause surprise
1984 - 1999 . Participated in many group shows in Calcutta , Banglore , Raipur , Visakhapatnam , Mumbai and held solo exhibitions in Calcutta .
- Certificate of merit by Rabindra Bharti University , 1981 .
- Best Exhibit Award by Mahakosal Kala Parishad , Raipur ( Madhya Pradesh ) , 1992 .
- Awarded by Lalit Kala Parishad , Visakhapatnam , 1999 .
- Sefalika Art Gallery , West Bengal .
- Tourism Department of India .
- Life Insurance Corporation of India .
- Standard Chartered Bank .
- Tata Steel .
- Gujrat Heavy Chemicals Ltd .
- Indian Overseas Bank , Australia .
.......and many private collections in India and abroad including America , Sweden , Australia and United Kingdom .